Happy New Year everyone! 2011 just flew by didn’t it? Yet I’m very excited for the year to come; for one, I’ve started this blog, and in August I’m getting married! It’s going to be a crazy year, but I cannot wait to experience every single day of it! So to help kick off what I hope will be an amazing year, I enlisted an amazing bubbly and some sweet, juicy blood oranges. Blood Orange Mimosas? Yummy and so easy!
- 1 bottle of bubbly (I prefer prosecco, but it's up to you!)
- 4-6 small blood oranges, depending on juiciness
- Small bunch of thyme
- Half the oranges, setting aside one half for garnish.
- Juice remaining halves and put into a glass with a few sprigs of thyme and place in the refrigerator to infuse for at least an hour.
- After infusing time, strain juice through a sieve and into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Make sure there are no seeds or thyme leaves in the liquid.
- Fill 4 champagne flutes 2/3 full with bubbly and fill the rest with the infused blood orange juice.
- Thinly slice the last half of the blood orange and place one slice in each glass. Garnish with a small sprig of thyme. Cheers to 2012!
Recipe from Flick of the Whisk. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.